Sunday, November 1, 2009

Volunteer Blogs

I haven't been able to post any pictures because I left my camera cord at home and apparently the special kind of USB that I need isn't sold in Morogoro.

So in case you're curious I'm posting the website addresses of the blogs of some of the other volunteers. They all have pictures that might help give you an idea of what life in Tanzania is like.

http://michaelwithoutborders.blogspot.com/
This is Michael's blog, one of the Morogoro volunteers. This is probably the most useful one and he's got some great pictures of the YCI staff, Morogoro and some of our programming. His blog also has links to mine and the other volunteer blogs.

http://www.getjealous.com/stephinzanzibar
This is Stephanie's blog, one of the the Zanzibar volunteers.

http://etrippel.blogspot.com/
This is Evan's blog. Evan has some beautiful pictures that will give you an idea of what I saw on my weekend in Zanzibar.

If any of you are looking for someway to procrastinate from studying for midterms I just gave you hours of well-wasted time! Your welcome! :)

Miss you all! I'll be home in a month!
Love
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Dear Melissa, I am so glad that I found your blog. Thank God!. My name is Faith Hwang from California USA who is going to leave to Morogoro Tanzania in Janurary of 2010 which is two and half month later. Could you please help me? I tried to get few information about Kiswahili Language School in Morogoro Tanzania. I have heard that the school start in Feb. 1st week of 2010 and ends 1st week of June and live in the dormitory and it is very famous school for foreigners. I have sent email to them but didn't get any reply. So could you please help me? I'd like to know;
    1.Exact date to start and end? (Feb.,2010 term)
    2.What are the total cost?
    3.What kind of document do they need?
    4.Can I be there middle of Jan. of 2010?
    5.Does the school has URL address?

    Melisa, here is the phone number of that school. 255-23-260-3173. Please help me. They don't respond my email.

    Here is my email address: faithplaza@hotmail.com
    Thank you.
    Sincerely, Faith Hwang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faith,

    I sent you an e-mail with some information after talking to some of my contacts here in Morogoro.

    Best of luck!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Melissa,

    I got your letter today, I deeply appreciate your reply with detail information.
    I replied to your email. Thank you again.

    May God Bless You Abundantly~*

    Best regards,
    Faith Hwang.

    ReplyDelete